I never thought I was going to like it. I like my vegetables but my impression of zucchini was nothing short of adjectives such overcooked and soggy. And then, a few short months ago, I was introduced to the Vegetti. It has CHANGED MY LIFE. The Vegetti turns vegetables into spaghetti into minutes. Not only does it make meals under 10 minutes between prep and cooking, but it makes me feel wonderful about what I’m eating. I use it all the time.
Most recently, my friend Courtney and I decided we were going to spruce up our zucchini pasta game and make a Pistachio Pesto Salmon Zucchini Pasta.
- 1 salmon filet
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 large zucchinis ( or 1 per person)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 cups basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- While oven preheats, sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Once preheated, bake the salmon for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- While salmon cooks, make pistachio pesto.
- To make pistachio pistachio pesto, begin by placing garlic in food processor; pulse until chopped.
- Add pistachios, basil, lemon juice and salt to the mix; pulse until nuts are finely chopped.
- Add olive oil gradually through food chute and process until well combined.
- Add cheese and pulse 2 or 3 times.
- Set pesto aside.
- Lastly, use the Vegetti to turn zucchinis into pasta.
- Boil zucchinis for 3 minutes. Drain.
- Cover salmon and zucchini with pistachio pesto.
Have you ever had any kind of vegetable pasta?