I am sad to say that the pumpkin phenomenon is quickly dissipating away as winter and the holiday season has crept up on us. Can you believe it is less than 3 weeks to Christmas? I adapted Your Cup of Cake Pumpkin Oreo cupcakes for a sweet treat to bring to meetings and it was a success, so much so that it was asked to be brought to our Thanksgiving potluck.
Riley even made a guest appearance. He cannot stay away from food I tell you.
Find my recipe modification below:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 C. oil
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 Oreos, split and remove cream and then finely crush
10. Top with Oreos.